The Lemon Benefit
If you’ve visited a hotel, gym or spa recently, you may have noticed large containers of chilled water with fruit or other edibles in it. A lot of places put lemon in the water. For people who cannot drink enough water each day, adding lemon can add a flavor boost and other things your body needs.
The Seven Benefits of Lemons:
- Gives your immune system a boost — Vitamin C is like our immune system’s battery, and lemon juice is full of it. And if I have not said so before, I will again, Vitamin C is hugely important. The level of it in your system is one of the first things to plummet when you’re stressed
- Excellent source of potassium — Lemons are high in potassium, which is good for heart health, as well as brain and nerve function.
- Aids in digestion — Lemon juice not only encourages healthy digestion it helps to relieve symptoms of indigestion like heartburn.
- Cleanses your system — It helps flush out the toxins in your body by enhancing enzyme function, stimulating your liver.
- Freshens your breath — That’s right. A little lemon goes a long way so remember that the next time you have your presentation or need to be up at the podium.
- Keeps your skin blemish-free — The antioxidants in lemon juice help to not only decrease blemishes, but wrinkles too. Because it helps detoxify your blood, it will maintain your skin’s radiance.
- Helps you lose weight — Lemons contain pectin fiber, which assists in fighting hunger cravings. Lemon water is a great way to curb your appetite.
All the best,
Want to enhance more than just your water? Contact us for your next catering event!
We’d love to help!